Training Cheat Sheets
This password protected, customer-only training content gives you all the information you need to master the software. Click the side menu to begin your Digital Dispatcher Jedi training.
HOW TO ADD TAX CODES
1. Select File from the tool bar and a menu will appear.
2. Select Tax Tables from the menu and another menu will open.
3. Select Tax Codes and the Tax Code window will appear.
4. Select Add and the Add Tax Code window will open.
5. Begin to add the tax code data to the following fields.
Tax Code- This will be the tax code that is assigned to an account in the accounting software.
Description-Give the tax description that was given to this tax code from the accounting software.
Back Office Code- This is normally the same as the Tax Code. The accounting software will be able to identify this code.
6. After all entries are made, select Add/Edit Tax Code to save the code to the tax code table.
7. The next step is to add taxes that apply to the tax codes. An example would be road diesel taxes. There could be several taxes such as state tax, federal tax and others depending on the jurisdiction in which you operate that need to be added to the tax code. From the Tax Codes table place your mouse cursor over the tax code you want to add taxes to, and then select Edit Tax Code Detail. The edit tax code detail for tax code window will open.
8. Select Add a Tax and the add tax window will open.
9. From the drop down box select the tax you want to add to the tax code.
10. Select the appropriate bullets that will determine how the tax should be applied.
11. Select Add Tax after making you selection to save and add the tax to the tax code. Do this for all of the tax codes that will be used by you accounting software.