Training Cheat Sheets
This password protected, customer-only training content gives you all the information you need to master the software. Click the side menu to begin your Digital Dispatcher Jedi training.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DELIVERY APPLICATION TO A SMART PHONE OR TABLET
1. You must first open settings on the device.
2. Go to Location Services and make sure GPS is checked.
3. Next, Select Security in the settings menu.
4. Look for Unknown Sources within the security menu.
5. Touch the check box to place a check in the box. This allows for the installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store.
6. Go back to the home screen and open the web brouser.
7. Insert the following url in the address box:
8. Select Go from the key pad and a small message will appear at the bottom of the screen (Starting Download).
9. Go back to the home screen and take your finger and swipe from the top of the screen down to open the window were the downloaded app will appear. (Note: you can find the download in the DOWNLOADS app too.)
10. Touch the downloaded app and it will begin to install.
11. Once the app installs, it will go directly to the apps setup screen were you will enter the truck data. The following fields will need to be completed.
Tel: This field will default the device’s phone number.
Advance: This would normally be set to 1. If you have preprinted delivery tickets with the company logo at the top, you will need to enter the number of lines the ticket will have to advance to clear printing in this area.
Truck: Enter the truck number to which the device will be assigned. It is also important that the Bluetooth adapter that is assigned to the truck has the same number.
Driver: Enter the number of the driver who will be operating the truck.
Inventory Acct: Place a “0” (zero) in this field.
Alpha: If the account numbers that are assigned to the customers contain any letters, then this box must be checked.
Auto Check: Check this box if you wish to have the app refresh its communication automatically. This is normally set to refresh every 15 minutes.
Use Bluetooth: This box must be checked in order for the truck’s Bluetooth adapter to communicate with the device.
Registers: Open the drop down menu for this field to select the register type that is being used on the truck.
Print Duplicate Ticket: This box should be checked if a thermal roll printer is being used to print tickets. The customer would get the first copy and the second copy is retained by the driver.
Enable Timeout Control: This option allows the driver to control the automatic time-out feature of LCR registers.
Use OCR: Check this box if you are using Optical Character Recognition and have a roll printer. This will produce an OCR receipt that would be left with the customer to be mailed in with their payment.
Show Instructions: Check this box if you would like the customer’s delivery instructions to appear in the device’s screen when loading an account record to be delivered.
Show Truck Empty: Check this box if you would like to answer a question concerning weather the truck emptied out on the delivery. This will appear before saving the delivery transaction. Answer yes or no.
12. When you have completed setting up the app, select Menu on the device and the SAVE option will appear at the bottom of the screen. Touch SAVE and your entries will be saved and the main app screen will appear. If you do not save your entries, the device will go back to their original settings.
13. Once you have saved your entries, touch CHECK. This will now download the password so that you will be able to get back into the app’s settings.
14. Place the Delivery icon on the Home page.
The next thing that needs to be done is to pair up the device with the truck’s Bluetooth adapter so that they can communicate with each other.